The hotel staff, the tour guide…and you won’t need to use your phone to call anyone. The second must-download-app is ‘Naver.’ If you are planning to travel to Korea, it may be good to set aside the Google suite of your smartphone. The app allows you to communicate with other KakaoTalk users through text and call, send photos and videos, as well as enjoy cute stickers—all free of charge, as long as you’ve got a WiFi connection. Anki is another app that you can use to learn new words but Memrise is slightly easier to use on a smartphone. This feature can be extremely useful in locations like Jamsil intersection where there are about a dozen different bus stops to choose from. There are tons of apps to choose from so we selected the 8 Best Apps for Korea travel. 21. To save you time finding, downloading, checking if it works and trying to work the app in South Korea and uninstalling it, I have written a list of South Korea travel apps I personally tried.I use an Android phone, so the list is slightly tailored to that, but I have included direct links to both app stores separately so you only need to click once to download them. That way you can join in with the group chats. These are 5 free apps that you need to download on your phone before you travel to Korea: 1. Much easier than carrying a heavy guidebook around with you or trying to open up an A1 sized tourist map on the subway. Its group chatting feature is also used by many clubs and classes, so if you want to stay in-the-know then you should make sure that you have KakaoTalk. Google map can’t show the way to your destination because of the law in Korea. The solution: Roadtripper lets you plan an itinerary for your road trip and share them with friends. Not strictly a Korean app but Memrise is very useful if you are in Korea. Don’t miss out while you travel to Korea. When you order food you can choose how you would like to pay (cash or card), and afterwards you can review the service. Subway users will experience with upgraded usability,… The situation could worsen with little warning. There are a few different train options in Korea, but the KTX is the nicest and fastest. As a foreigner that has been in Korea for over a year and a half, I have had my fair share of mishaps and decided to use my experience to list 10 apps … When he’s not writing blogs for The Expat Lounge, Anthony enjoys taking delivery of care packages from home and trying out new Korean … Uber Use with: Android and iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch In other words, you can order almost all kinds of food by a phone call and app, and it will be delivered to your place in 30 minutes. As Korea’s messaging app of choice, KakaoTalk is an absolute must-have for anyone traveling here. 🙂. Wow, this is actually very great apps. Grab your smartphone first before you read this. Kamsahabnida!! In contrast to the lightweight luggage, these travel minimalists carry a powerful array of travel-related apps on their smartphones, including map, translation, restaurant review and music streaming apps. It’s especially useful when you’re learning Korean because it gives you many usage examples. I love it! A great one to start with is Jihachul. On the App, you can search the station and it’ll direct you to the best route, how many minutes it takes, and also show you a timetable of each station. You can also view landmarks and attractions by distance from your current location so you know what things you can see nearby. Naver Map is good if you understand Korean. The app also has repeats of many of the dramas that are currently showing on Korean TV so you can catch up with any shows that you have missed. A vacation to South Korea for one week usually costs around ₩779,721 for one person.So, a trip to South Korea for two people costs around ₩1,559,442 for one week.A trip for two weeks for two people costs ₩3,118,885 in South Korea. When you want to take a taxi after midnight or if your hands are full with luggage, we recommend the Kakao taxi app. Consider downloading the South Korean Government's 'Emergency Ready' app. AppGrooves offers you "Best 10 Apps" for over 600 micro categories. There are more mobile phones than people, a cyberwar is continuously being waged with North Korea, … Memrise lets you learn new vocabulary easily whilst you are on the bus or subway, meaning that you can dedicate your study time to practicing using Korean. After that, boom! This app covers almost everything you need to know when traveling in Korea. That’s why I was so grateful that I found these 3 FREE apps to make my trip to Seoul easier to manage. a leading online accommodation booking website with properties ranging from international chains and all-inclusive resorts to local favorites and bed & breakfasts, together with all the information needed to book the perfect stay. Sending pictures and videos over KakaoTalk is also extremely easy as it has a camera function built-in (along with a map function, voice recording function, etc.). Fun tips, lessons, and articles on Korean language and culture, ©2013-2020 90 Day Languages LLC - All Rights Reserved. Naver Dictionary is one of the best Korean dictionaries out there. – this app is also packed with some detailing features that no other Korean app has. When you're in another country it's useful to get the phone apps that'll make your life easier. Sometimes a little help will go a long way. Trip It. Previously known as Jihachul (the Korean word for Subway), Subway Korea is the most amazing free Korean app which should absolutely be downloaded in your smartphone while travelling to Korea. It is an app for discovering the best Korean restaurants and foods. What to Expect When Traveling to South Korea . Naver Map is definitely one of the best apps for traveling in Korea. First, you can shout “Yogiyo!” which mean’s, “I’m here!” The official travel app of the Seoul Metropolitan Government, Itour Seoul shows you all of the tourist attractions in Seoul and their location on the map. It’s easy to learn the alphabet, here’s a PDF guide to learn in about 90 minutes! Additionally, you can check our comprehensive article on learning the Korean alphabet. All the employees are very nice and helpful. South Korea was the No. New apps are hitting the market every day. MTA’s Trip Planner is a handy way to plug in your location and destination and find options for the quickest way between the two. With this app you can search the preferred route to your destination, looking for nearby station and even route planning within the app. Last updated:(11/24/20) Country-Specific Information: The U.S. Department of State currently has a level 2 travel advisory (Exercise Increased Caution) for South Korea. Do you worry about the language barrier or communication and transportation … Edited: 2 years ago Reply Many providers allow you to pre-order in advance. It is possible to find a decent meal for around USD $10 and some Korean BBQs are all you can eat so if you show up hungry, you should definitely be able to get your money’s worth. This allows you to see how the word is actually used, so you can tell if it is used formally or casually. Finding out on your trip that the toe portion is too narrow, could put a damper on all that sightseeing you wanted to do. All these apps are free and very easy to use. Despite this, the nation still revolves around traditional customs and values, including Confucianism , a system that promotes social harmony and governs all the interactions – however small they may be – between families, friends, colleagues and even strangers. This Korean app is so widespread that even your sixty-year-old boss will send you messages over KakaoTalk rather than regular texts. You’ve got your travel bags, your passport and your nose for adventure. It’s the favored public transportation for locals as well. © Copyright 2019 |  All Rights Reserved  | Â, Beautiful Places to Visit near Seoul – Nami Island, Stay current with our new articles about Korea, Hangul The Korean Alphabet, History, and Importance, Best Korean Dramas on Netflix in 2020 – [2/2], How to Apply Alien Registration Card (ARC) and Important Things to Know, Top 20 Most Handsome Korean Actors in K-Dramas, Best Black Friday Deals for K-Beauty & K-Fashion 2020, Best Vegan Korean Skincare Brands & Bestselling Products, Seoul Lantern Festival (Lantern of Hope Festival 2020) in Four Main Tourist Zones. To find out more, read our privacy policy. Silicon.com's Natasha Lomas checks out whether other apps make the most of the iPad's hardware. If you're traveling as a family of three or four people, the price person often goes down because kid's tickets are cheaper and hotel rooms can be shared. However, specific package prices and availability for your selected dates from your departure city change rapidly as they are subject to availability from our partners and cannot be guaranteed. Best 171 Apps by "Shoutem, Inc.", such as Carlos Marquez , Arab American Radio , Shoutem Preview , ANDRA Drag Racing and Atwater's Cafe . There are several Korean apps for helping people navigate the subway, so it is best to download all of them and delete the ones that you don’t like until you find one that suits you. The train maps might look daunting because it’s so complicated, and it surely doesn’t help when there are Korean words on it, making it look even scarier. With over a million different apps available on both the Apple and Android app stores, sorting the good from the bad isn't easy. The free trial version allows 10 free translations per day but there are purchase options: S$2.58 for one week of free unlimited … For example, the KTX takes me about 2 1/2 hours from Seoul’s Yongsan Station to … 1. Popular destinations in South Korea Prices are based on round trip travel and hotel stay per traveler. South Korea is one of the most famous tourist destinations and though the most practical and most used site when traveling is Google, unfortunately, in South Korea, Google is a bit unreliable. Pleco is … And to help you live a more comfortable life in Korea, knowing how to read and tell bus numbers, time, prices, and money will be helpful. Using KTX. Downloading these 5 apps before or during your trip to South Korean can make your journey much smoother. Your mobile trip planner, Trip It shows all your trip details at a glance: flights, hotels, car, map, directions—all in one place. TO DOWNLOAD THESE APPS!! A Tech-Savvy Culture: South Korea boasts the world's fastest internet speeds. Follow the instructions in the pic below and you’re be able to find your way around Korea! Papago is one of the fastest translation applications used worldwide by Naver Corporation. You can have fresh draft-beer with fried chicken by the river just by touching a few buttons on your phone. Visit Korea App – A general travel app that I didn’t know existed until I looked up apps to make sure I could cover everything here! South Korea is a vibrant, modern, highly technological state. These videos will come out the first and last Friday every of month. With more people getting bitten by the Hallyu bug (like my college friend Bea who has been demanding me to make more Korea posts), and interest in going to K-Pop country is at an all-time high especially for Filipinos, I’ve rounded up some travel tips for first-time tourists in Seoul for a successful budget trip to K-Pop country: 1. Some of these apps are only in Hangul, the Korean alphabet. Now it’s on my to do list…. While looking at your government website, take some time to quickly check if there are any travel advisories you should be aware of for South Korea. 6th street Kwik trip I just would like everyone to know that Kwik trip on 6 th is the best! Most of the subway apps will allow you to click on two stations and then show you the shortest route between them. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions, here’s a PDF guide to learn in about 90 minutes, https://www.90daykorean.com/learn-korean/, Learn the Korean Alphabet & Read the Hangul Characters, Korean Phrases: The Ultimate List for 2020, Korean – Overview and History of the Language, How to Speak Korean – Online Guide for Conversational Fluency, The Most Common Korean Words and Basic Vocabulary, Top 28 Korean Drama Words & Phrases for K-Drama Fans, Korean Slang – 101 Popular Words & Phrases in 2020, My Korean Name: Choose Your Very Own Name in Korean. By not tipping in Korea, I was able to save some extra money which helped make it an affordable trip. If you’re packing for Korea and wondering what to take, then look no further. Here you can find discounted tickets, tours with a unique experience. Monitor developments. If you want to watch the latest episode of Game of Thrones on the subway then this is the app for you, but make sure that you don’t shock the person sitting next to you by showing them the latest beheading of a major character from the show. These are some of the more useful apps that will help you when living in Korea. Smartbus (전국스마트버스) allows you to find bus stops near your current location or any other location, and see which buses go to those stops. Thank you for watching my video on the best apps to help you in Korea. To avoid getting lost in the ocean of apps with this purpose, below I give a summary of the most appropriate apps for your trip. South Korea has a reputation for being expensive and while this isn’t necessarily false, there are definitely ways to match budgets across all points of the spectrum. Kakao Talk Messenger (App Store/Google Play) KakaoTalk is THE messaging app in South Korea. Korea is the heaven of delivery foods. Are you not sure what to do in Korea after booking your flight ticket and accommodations? Sometimes you don’t know if a shoe is right for your foot until you’ve worn it for a while. Visit Korea, created by the Korea Tourism Organisation, provides information on the best places to eat, attractions to see, accommodation, festivals and events and the best shopping Korea has to offer. Plan the ultimate road trip or weekend getaway. Our friends at SafetyWing created a website that lists detailed information on travel restrictions around the globe.. Before planning a trip to Seoul, be sure to check the Flatten the Curve website for information on travel restrictions to South Korea. See screenshots, read the latest customer reviews, and compare ratings for Pocket Korean.

apps needed for korea trip

Marina Bar And Grill Menu, Is Ground Cinnamon The Same As Cinnamon Sticks, Las Vegas Strip Puzzles, Cs2 Oxidation Number, Creative Haven Color By Number, How To Fix Echo On Mic Ps4, What Does A Dove Symbolize, East Texas Weather Radar, Wella Pale Silver Toner Reviews, Black Panther Korean Scene, Apple Lightning To Usb 3 Camera Adapter Review, Minecraft Chickens Won T Breed, Fool In Love Rihanna,