It's small, light, super sharp even wide-open and reasonably priced. The 28-300mm VR is my freedom lens. Only carry the 180 or 200, never both. I'll grab this one lens and leave everything else at home, and this is also a great lens to add to the 18-300mm for people photography in low-light. I find the 16-35mm a little sharper and much smaller and much more practical, but consider the 14-24mm if you need f/2.8 or 14mm. If you have the 18-300mm VR DX you don't need this lens, but if you need ultra-fast autofocus or prefer to use the smaller 18-55mm lens or the excellent 16-80mm most of the time and thus need a separate telephoto zoom, , this new 70-300mm has the fastest almost instantaneous focusing of any Nikon DX telephoto. It excels because it's so tiny and inexpensive, and has better performance than many more exotic older lenses. It doesn't focus closely (7/2'/2.2m) and it doesn't zoom wider than 200mm, which are how Nikon is able to make this so inexpensively and have it work so well as an ultra tale. All photos are required to have a proper Nikkor tag from the official list of lenses below. If you don't need VR, the older 24-70mm f/2.8G is still sold new and is an equally excellent professional lens. Americans just don't get this lens, because Nikon messed up its name. Technical specifications of 85mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art. Personally I prefer the Z 24-70mm f/4, while gear hogs prefer this Z 24-70mm f/2.8. This lens is special because its sharp, even in the corners, even wide-open at f/1.4. Nikon Z 50-250mm VR DX (2019-today)         top. Nikon 105mm F1.4 Lens Preview: BEST / Sharpest Portrait Photography Lens Ever Made? If you need anything longer, you'll get better photos by getting closer with the 28-300mm VR than you will by using a longer lens like the 600mm VR from farther away. 72mm filters, 8.0 oz./227g, 0.7'/0.22m close focus. See also How to Shoot Film and Why Fixed Lenses Take Better Pictures. Nikon 28mm f/1.4 D AF. Drop a ruler on lines in the image, and they're straight. The DC feature is really Bokeh optimization. Best Lenses for Manual-Focus 35mm Cameras          top. Another lens so great that the market never figured it out, this is the only true zoom Micro (macro) lens ever made by Nikon. This Nikkor lens was made with such incredible precision that it didn't need to be pumped full of grease to fill up the internal slop of cheaper lenses of its day. These lenses also work on full-frame mirrorless (Z6 and Z7), but you're throwing away over half of your full-frame sensor area, and be sure to update to at least version 2.1 firmware in the Z6 or Z7 for VR to work with these lenses: Nikon Z 16-50mm VR DX (2019-today)         top. Also intense warmth and color saturation with great contrast. Collectors finally figured it out, and they now sell used for double what they sold for new. Here's a link to the Nikon version of this lens. Bravo! It focuses down to 17 inches (43cm) at every focal length, much closer than any other Nikon tele, ever. 95mm filters, 81¼ oz./2,300g with collar, 73¾ oz./2,090g without collar, 7.2'/2.2 m close focus. Reviewed in the United States on February 7, 2005. The optics of most of Nikon's earlier AI-s manual focus lenses have been exceeded in Nikon's newer AF lenses. The Nikon Nikkor-SW 90mm f/8 is EASILY the sharpest Nikon lens ever produced. If you wish to make a printout for personal use, you are granted one-time permission only if you PayPal me $5.00 per printout or part thereof. First of all, there is the focal length, which is probably the first specification to look at when browsing for lenses. Which is the Best Camera Lens In The World? Here are the 10 best choices. I recommend them all personally. At the top of this list is the Nikon 43-86mm f/3.5 which Ken affectionately coins as ‘the worst lens Nikon has ever made.’ In fairness to Nikon this 43-86mm zoom lens was first introduced in 1963. 77mm filters, 28.1 oz./796g, 1.6'/0.5m close focus. Incredible sharpness but with an old school rounding that gives it “that look”. The biggest help is when you use any of these links when you get anything, regardless of the country in which you live. For more reach, consider the 80-400mm VR, and again, I prefer my 28-300mm over all the rest of these because I don't need f/2.8 and I prefer my 28-300mm's all-encompassing zoom range. I buy only from these approved sources. For Nikon Z cameras, 62mm filters, 14.1 oz./ 400g, 1.6'/0.5m close focus. 58mm filters, 9.8 oz./278g, 1.5'/0.45m close focus. It's the plastic 28-200mm G. 80-200mm f/4.5n AI (1977-1981)         top. chrome only. Unlike zooms and most fixed lenses like the current 14mm f/2.8 and 14-24mm AF-S, make a photo of the horizon along the bottom or shoot a brick wall, and everything stays straight and square. The 80-400mm VR is more versatile as a general-purpose tale. Ken. My primary 35mm camera system is Nikon. For full-frame mirrorless (Z6 & Z7). Nikon’s full-frame camera lineup is impressive, but perhaps even more so is the extensive collection of FX-format (full frame) lenses. 50mm f/1.8D AF (versions from 1978 - today). Opticus wrote: Could anyone point me to the sharpest 6x6 (and above) ever made? This 28-200mm does. Be sure that this new AF-P lens is compatible with your camera; if not, get the older 10-24mm if you have an older DX DSLR. Holy guacamole, the results from the beat-up, scratched crummy lens I got on my Graflex was a zillion times sharper than any of my classic "sharpest lens ever made" manual-focus Nikkors like the 55mm f/2.8, 105mm f/2.8 AI-s Micro at the top of this page or 180mm f/2.8 ED. Dedicated to pictures taken with Nikkor lenses. The 13mm f/5.6 was the world's widest lens when it was introduced, and is still the widest non-distorting professional SLR lens ever made in all of history. See the Nikon NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8 ED-IF review, and the History of Nikon 300mm f/2.8 lenses. In fact, its so good that even after the f/1.4 autofocus lens came out, for about the about the same price, Nikon kept making these for 10 more years! Straight lines stay straight. Read on to see why. This is after all a 7 year old camera and when it was released it got a lashing from the photographic 'gurus' of YouTube. In my 105mm center, 200mm center, 105mm corner and 200mm corner sharpness comparisons, it's the most consistent performer. The 28-200mm G is a miracle. 24-70mm f/2.8 VR (2015-today)          top. What more can I say? If you haven't helped yet, please do, and consider helping me with a gift of $5.00. It's great people like you who allow me to keep adding to this site full-time. this list is one sided, there are so many great lense’s out there that are better than what he has listed, Nikon I think leads the pack followed by Tamron and Tokina. I've only seen two in my life, both in captivity, and never seen one in the field. It’s the sharpest, very well made, lightest and closest focusing f/2.8 70-200 lens ever made. Its Art series lenses are renowned for their image quality, sharpness, and very little distortion. For the users of the new Nikon D5000, a worthy replacement of the Nikon D40 entry-level camera. They made a zillion different types. No lens has spent as much time on Nikon bodies – including mine – as this one, and every single one of my Nikon-shooting buddies swear by the 70-200mm. I support my growing family through this website, as crazy as it might seem. As you can see, VR works great, letting me get ultrasharp results hand-held at 1/20 of a second. There, I said it. Not only does this lens let me leave my bag home, I can leave my tripod home, too. 9 Unbelievable Camera Lenses That Actually Exist. The 135mm DC, or "Defocus Control," lens, is among Nikon's sharpest lenses ever. Be sure that this new AF-P lens is compatible with your camera; if not, use the 18-300mm VR DX or older 55-300mm DX. It lets me get rid of my old fashioned "camera bag" full of lenses that I used to carry. Nikon's 14mm f/2.8 and 14-24mm AF-S are not quite as wide, and have more distortion. The zoom and focus are supposed to be loose and slippery. For Nikon FX DSLRs. It is worlds better than today's 35mm f/1.4 (which is a manual focus lens made since 1969) or the manual focus 28mm f/2. 28-80mm G (2001-2006) and 28-200mm G (2003-2006)    top. So, I … The AF-S 200mm f/2G ED VR II is a phenomenal lens, one of the sharpest that Nikon has ever made. What gets them on my Best list is that they are this good at such a low price, and that they are tiny and weigh nothing for easy carrying. Each of these lenses isn't quite as sharp as Nikon's best, but pretty darn close. The Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 AF-S is the precursor to the 16-35mm VR. As a guy who's owned probably every Nikon lens ever made, even for Nikon's 1940s-1960s rangefinder cameras, I'm astonished at how this one lens replaces every other lens I used to use, with the exception of ultra-ultra wides. Very few people know How to Use Ultrawide Lenses, but for those who do, this is Nikon's best DX ultrawide yet. No one paid any attention, because everyone was swapping over to digital cameras faster than Nikon guessed, leaving Nikon stuck with pallets of unsold N75s. It always cost a significant fraction of what the average American family earns in a year, and used ones today sell for about the same real price as when new: about $5,000 to $20,000. For Nikon DX DSLRs. This is a tiny little lens not much bigger than a lens cap. I bring my 20mm f/1.8 when I'm travelling light instead of the 16-35mm VR. bigger. Thanks! It really is amazing. Notice how it moves so easily, but that there is no play in any of the movement. Seriously, this lens is a truly outstanding alternative to the Canon and Nikon 24-70mm lenses that cost FOUR TIMES more than this lens. If you are asking about their miniature* format lenses then I would say the Nikon Nikkor Micro 55mm f/3.5 and the Nikon Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 are the sharpest. In daylight, I just carry a 80-200mm f/4 AI-s (62mm) or 80-200mm f/4.5n AI (52mm filters), again depending on which you have and your preference in filter size. Nikon’s most powerful all-in-one zoom lens ever. For lighter weight at a much lower price, also consider the 70-200mm f/4. Hope that's ok. For Nikon FX DSLRs. Nikon UK D5000 The D5000 is a powerful and versatile SLR camera that delivers superb still images and high-definition D-movie clips with sound. 77mm filters, 50.3 oz./1,425g with tripod collar, 3.6'/1.1m close-focus. These rare lenses come with unbelievable specs and spectacular price tags. page as helpful as a book you might have had to buy or a workshop you may Defocus control doesn't mean soft focus, it means "background softness control." 58mm filters, 14.5 oz./412g, 3.7'/1.1m close-focus. Look at my Nikon 28-300mm sample images and see for yourself: The 28-200mm VR replaces all the lenses we used to haul around. Don't carry one of these zooms at the same time as any of the fixed teles. For Nikon DX DSLRs. 300mm f/2.8 ED-IF (1977-1982, continues today)         top. Nikon D7500 - Lens Buying Guide. The 135mm DC is Nikon's best hand-held portrait lens ever, as well as a killer-sharp 135mm lens for everything. (blacked-out for national security purposes). | 50mm f/2 | Nikon Nikkor H Auto | (ca. Last Updated on February 3, 2017 by PixelPluck. Nikon Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, collapsed. 52mm filters, 7.0 oz/197g, 1 foot/0.3m close-focus. Overview of Features This manual focus lens outperforms its newer 85mm f/1.4 D autofocus sibling. All Nikon's 80-200mm f/4.5 zooms are excellent. Check price. All take 52mm filters. have had to take, feel free to help me continue helping everyone. For a DX DSLR, this is the only lens you'd ever need, unless you also need an ultra-ultra wide lens: For Nikon DX DSLRs. Sigma is raising the industry standards with it’s high performing art series lenses. This lens is a steal. This is the second 85mm lens we’ve seen on our list, and this one has a hugely wide maximum aperture of f/1.4. For low-light and/or low weight, personally I and many prefer the 50mm f/1.4G AF-S. This lens is the workhorse of the Nikon lineup. 82mm filters, 37.6 oz./1,067 g, 1.3'/0.4 m close focus. If I'm photographing moving people and kids, of course I'll prefer the AF lens, but if I'm hugging a tripod, the King is still the King. Cue - Surprise, Astonishment, Disbelief, Laughter, Derision etc. Check price. The AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED is the Holy Grail if you’re a Nikon shooter interested in macro photography. Excellent depth of field control and bokeh. I'll be recieving a prototype digital 65mm motion picture camera next month that employs a 12k (12000x8000) sensor and i need the sharpest lens around to make use of it. Going by the size it is the largest of all art series lenses because of it’s construction with 14 elements arranged in 12 groups and is being retailed at around USD 1200. It covers FX; a DX lens would need a focal length of just 8.5mm to cover the same ultra-ultra wide angle! Check price. As this page is copyrighted and formally registered, it is unlawful to make copies, especially in the form of printouts for personal use. It is so well made that it works with little or any lubrication, so it can work in temperature extremes and needs only a tiny flick to move the settings. One of Nikon’s sharpest ever lenses. I can't answer for everyone, and won't answer objectively, which is to say, based on lab measurements or DXO scores etc. The 28-300mm VR is my freedom lens. If you find this OFFICIAL NIKKOR TAGS Wide-Angle Lenses Standard Lenses Telephoto Lenses Super Telephoto Lenses Close-Up Lenses Zoom Lenses Teleconverter Lenses If your lens does not appear on the list, please ask, and I will add it to the list. The MICRO-Nikkors are sharper, even at infinity, than the f/1.4 and f/1.8 lenses. Check price. Home  Donate  New  Search  Gallery  Reviews  How-To  Books  Links  Workshops  About  Contact. Selling today for only about $50 used if you know How to Win at eBay, this unassuming tele zoom just happens to be the sharpest tele zoom I've ever tested. bigger or full-resolution. Check price. These below are the specific lenses I carry when I shoot a manual-focus camera like my F, F2, F2S, F2AS, F3, FA, FE, FE2, FM, FM3a & etc. It’s among the sharpest lenses the company has ever made, boasts superb optics, and is built to last. Most teles, like the 135mm DC, often can't focus closely enough for photos of baby heads. This was the sports and action lens of its day. These places have the best prices and service, which is why I've used them since before this website existed. It lets me get rid of my old fashioned "camera bag" full of lenses that I used to carry. Carry only one of these 50 or 55mm lenses at a time. Just try one; it's uncanny how instantly and exactly it focuses. In fact, just to show off, the 13mm has less distortion than zooms or most other normal and wide lenses! I found the best is this AI "n" (new) version, which is recognized by the black rectangular plate on its rear mount as shown above. It has no distortion, focuses almost instantly, and it's Nikon's smallest and lightest lens. Check price. Check price. Some posts may contain affiliate or sponsored links. It autofocuses faster than any other Nikon AF lens, including the AF-S lenses. Heck, I sold an image to McDonald's shot on the older version — and they used it on a billboard! Check price. I saw one on display at Nikon House in Rockefeller Center in New York City in the 1970s, and saw one again in early 2008, from which I'll be penning a review one of these days. This 13mm is also unusual in that it has little to no distortion of straight lines. 50mm f/1.4G AF-S (2015-today)          top. Nikon made its name with its manual-focus lenses. The Z 14-30mm stands out because it's the first-ever Nikon lens wider than 16mm that can take a normal screw-in front filter. Nikon only made these to special order, and only made a few hundred of them across 20 years. This lens is fantastic because it gives us every imaginable focal length we'd ever need for a DX DSLR in just one lens, and it's sharp. Both produce magnificent images. You’ll be blown away at how fast this incredible lens can focus, and how accurate it …

nikon sharpest lens ever made

2018 Ford Edge St For Sale, Top Speed Of Activa 125 Bs6, Who Sang Cruel To Be Kind, Intex Filter Pump, Us Troops In Australia 2020, Homestay Meaning In Nepali, Godric St John, Kasak Drama Ary Digital Cast, The Point Campground Map, Mulberry Fork Wma Hunting,